Open house for vaccination boosters today
Everybody in the capital region who received their second COVID-19 vaccination on or before 24th June and has not yet had a third shot is invited to attend an ‘open house’ session at Laugardalshöll arena, today, 24th November, any time between 10.00 and 15.00.
The Pfizer mRNA vaccine will be used, as has been the case for all booster shots administered in Iceland.
- People aged 70 and over are eligible for the booster shot if they completed vaccination three or more months ago.
- People who only received the single-dose Janssen vaccine are eligible for a booster from 28 days after initial vaccination.
- People aged 12 and over who have not yet been vaccinated at all are, of course, also welcome, a statement from the Heilsugæslan capital region healthcare provider says.
- People who have not received an invitation for a booster so far should provide their kennitala when arriving at Laugardalshöll.
- People who did receive an invite but did not attend should come with their barode. Barcodes remain valid, even when appointments are missed.
- People who have received this year’s flu shot should allow at least 14 days to pass before going for a COVID-19 booster.
- People who contracted the virus after initial vaccinations should await further instructions and not attend the open house today.
The booster shot campaign will continue at Laugardalshöll arena until 8th December. All other regions of Iceland are also offering booster shots.